Saturday, May 2, 2009

Environmentalists...

I happen to be a somewhat conservative person, and when discussing the environment I usually dismiss the issue as unimportant. Its not that it isn’t important so much as not as big an issue as the liberals make it out to be. However, I do believe that if there is something we can do to make the world a better place, even a little bit, and so long as it does not get in the way of people’s individual rights or waste taxpayers money, I see no reason why we shouldn’t do it.

On the environmentalist blog, Unearthed, I actually found a post by Trip Van Noppen to be very informative and interesting. Reading his article I learned that Black Carbon is a dangerous problem that is affecting people in the present, not the distant future. I also learned that there are those in power throughout the world that are trying to change things. All in all, the post was very interesting, but I disagree that politicians should be making any decisions on it. First of all, while any death is unfortunate, 1.6 million deaths a year possibly caused by black carbon just is not enough considering the population of the world. Also, if carbon dioxide is the main issue, why should we waste millions of dollars stopping black carbon so that we can just spend more trying to stop carbon dioxide emissions? Environmentalists should stop trying to waste our money on what they see as problems. If they want to fix it they can do it themselves, but don’t force others to change according to your beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter

Followers