Sunday, May 3, 2009

Justifiably Angry Feminists

I just read a post from the feminist blog called Feministing, and found that I almost completely agree with the writer. In the post, she discusses how she heard a man and a woman publically discussing another woman’s sexual promiscuity and calling her a slut. The post addresses the topic of the double standards that have been a societal problem for generations. Men can do whatever they want, but if a woman does the same thing she is deemed a slut. Like the writer, I see no excuse for this.

A PERSON should not be humiliated or hated for their sexual desires. We are all human, we all have sexual desires. I am actually abstinent, yet I have difficulty keeping it sometimes, and I never judge others for their sexual actions. I may not agree with them, but it’s their own decision which only should affect them.

Usually extreme feminists can get on my nerves, but the bloggers at Feministing don’t. The post I wrote about, and others that I read all speak wisely, even if some of it could be considered extreme. A person could learn from such blogs, and become more open-minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter

Followers